Availability for Kitchen assistant – Dates for 2022
1 Kitchen volunteer – extra help for the summer season: (preferably 2 months)
– 21st of April to 20th of June
– 19th of May to 20th of June
– 20th of June to 17th of July
– 17th of July to 5th of September
– 14th of September to 21st of October
For this role it is recommended to have previous experience in a kitchen setting and to enjoy preparing food, and keeping the kitchen clean and organised.
It is important to feel at ease and happy to work in an atmosphere of silence and be prepared to work under pressure at times.
Being able to understand and to speak basic French will be helpful.
– Assisting the kitchen manager and the chef with lunch and dinner preparation
– Bringing prepared food to buffet area
– Breakfast preparation and lay out
– Washing serving dishes, utensils and kitchen equipment.
– Keeping the kitchen and related areas clean and organised (rear kitchen, dining hall, buffet area, dining tables, etc)
– Removing trash, recycling, and food scraps from the kitchen.
– Sweeping and mopping kitchen
– Collecting bread from our local boulangerie
– Putting away and organising deliveries
– Explaining contemplative work tasks to retreatants
– Having 1 or 2 days off each week depending on the program.
– Assisting in other areas of Le Moulin as and when needed. Assisting with cleaning chores around the retreat center between courses to prepare for the next course.
– Required to work varying shifts as scheduled, with start times as early as 6:00 am and ending times as late as 08:30 pm
If you are interested in the above available positions, please fill out the Work Retreat application form below. If applicable, if you would like to do only one month, either the first month or last month of the different options, contact the Moulin Manager for availability.