Below are brief descriptions of the different jobs involved here.
As an experienced cook/ chef you will need to manage and look after the Moulin kitchen, enjoy preparing and cooking delicious food, and have a creative flair for presentation. We are looking for someone who as well as having experience cooking for between 20 – 80 people, can work under stress, yet enjoy being in and taking care of the kitchen.
Below is a brief summary of what is involved…
– Cooking for groups between 20 – 80 people a day
– Preparing Lunch, the main meal of the day, salad, main dishes, and dessert,
– Preparing supper a lighter meal, salad, soup, cheese board, sometimes another dish is needed.
– Preparing special diets, for vegans, gluten free, and other allergies.
– Giving attention to presentation of dishes.
– Keeping the kitchen clean and tidy
– Preparing a food order for the coming week
– Having 1 or 2 days off each week depending on the program.
Depending on the size of the retreat group you will be cooking for, you will have between 1- 5 people help prepare vegetables for a small hour in the morning, and a kitchen assistant to help afterwards.
For 2020 we are looking for a chef for the months of July, August and beginning of September.
For 2021, we are looking for a chef from April until November.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out a moulin job application form and send it into the office with a relevant CV.
To apply it is useful to have had some experience of working in a similar role beforehand, either in a meditation or retreat centre. We ask that you know some basic french language and you most have a Dharma / meditation background for more than 3 years.
The dates differs each year, but generally this position starts middle April to early May and ends in October. You would be expected to stay for the whole season.
For 2020 and 2021.
If you are interested in applying for either the general manager or assistant manager role, please fill out a Moulin job application form and send it into the office with a CV if relevant.
If you are interested in any of the above positions at Le Moulin for 2019 then please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Feel free to add any other information that you think may be useful.
Thank you for your interest.