RETREATS 2023OPEN DOORS, OPEN HEARTS
IMPORTANT PRE-BOOKING INFORMATION BELOW
Please read before booking your stay at Le Moulin
HOW TO PAY
This event must be paid in full at the time of registration. Payment is through PaySafe, which allows for credit card payment through the online registration process.
Once you have completed the process, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your booking. If you do not receive this email, (check spam folder first) or you experience any difficulties booking, please contact us directly by email or telephone.
If a participant should cancel this event 2 months before the starting date, it is refundable less a €75 administration fee. If cancelled 1 month before the event, 50% is refundable . If cancelled less than 1 month before the event, there is no refund.
Participants may wish to take out an insurance to cover themselves in case of any eventuality.
Participants cancelling more than one month before the event may also choose to keep their payment as credit for a future event, valid for one full year. If this option is chosen, a 50€ administration fee will be deducted.
If the Moulin should cancel this event, it would return all monies paid by participants for Moulin accommodation.
In the event of the Moulin cancelling this retreat because of COVID-related government restrictions, three choices will be offered to participants:
1. Credit for a future retreat.
This is our preferred option, as it supports the financial standing of the Association. Whatever you have already paid will be held in credit for you for the next retreat you would like to attend at le moulin, whether that is in 1, 2 or 3 years time.
2. Refund minus administration costs and or offering Dana.
We would refund the amount of the retreat minus between €50 to €100 administration costs ( please say how much). However if you would like to offer more, that amount would also go towards supporting le moulin association during these difficult times.
3. Full refund
We understand times are difficult for many of us, so if you request it, we will refund the full amount back, with no administration costs included.
In the event of a participant cancelling because of COVID-related restrictions to travel, a full refund will be made minus a fee of 50€ to cover administration costs. Please note that if you feel that it is likely that you will not be permitted to travel, notifying us as early as possible may enable us to fill your place so will be greatly appreciated.
COVID POLICY AT LE MOULIN
Please read the Covid guidelines at the Moulin, which are in place to keep us all safe.
Welcome to Moulin de Chaves
Moulin de Chaves seeks to offer a retreat environment, teachings and practices to support Freedom and Awakening. Our practice consists of skilfully meeting and inquiring into all of life: in silence and in communication, in solitude and in community, in simplicity and also amidst various daily complexities. Living here together we all need to take care with our actions and intentions; the following rules and reflections are intended to support the safety and ease of all of us.
- The basis of any spiritual practice is bringing sensitivity and care to life. We use the 5 Buddhist virtues as a basis for this, undertaking together to honour all life here, to respect each other’s being and property, to safeguard honesty and trust, and to be with our hearts and minds as intimately and directly as possible, for the awakening of authentic wisdom and compassion.
- The daily schedule is posted on the notice board at the entrance to the community hall. Visitors are expected to participate fully. This supports the sincerity and commitment of each one of us.
- For all of us, our working meditation is an important aspect of Dharma practice here. We are asked to bring the same care, connection and interest to our work as in all other areas of life here. If you are unsure about any aspect of your work period, please just ask one of the manager team.
- The House guidelines posted below and on the notice board are for the harmony and ease of all of us. Please read and follow them fully.
We wish you an insightful and nourishing stay with us.
Please read and follow the guidelines listed below. They are there for the benefit of all of us.
- Thank you for respecting the privacy of those who live and work here full time and do not go into areas marked “private”.
- During your stay here, the consumption of alcohol and drugs is strictly forbidden.
- If you have arrived late for a retreat at Le Moulin, check the notice board in the main entrance hall, to find out where you will be staying. Remember to present yourself to the office the next morning to register.
- Thank you for not wearing shoes inside the main house and in the meditation hall. Leave them neatly on the right-hand side of the main entrance hall. Communal slippers are available.
- Due to Covid we ask that you now bring your own cup with you.
- There is free wifi, and a computer is available in the office area 1st floor, at lunchtimes only. Please use only if necessary.
- Keep the library tidy, returning books to the right section when finished, indicated by the coloured dots. Please do not leave books outside.
- The kitchen area is off limits unless you are working there. It is forbidden to go into the kitchen and help yourselves to food at any time.
- Keep communal areas clean and how you would wish to find them, especially toilets and bathrooms. Try to avoid going into them whilst they are being cleaned during the Karma yoga/work period.
- Remember to turn lights and heaters off when they are not being used.
- People staying in the main building 2nd and 3rd floor, please walk quietly and lightly. As it is an old building footsteps can be heard clearly below.
- Sleeping areas will be silent at all times and if you are sharing a room, lights should be put out by 23h00, out of respect for the others.
- If there are queues in the main house for showers, there are 3 showers and 4 toilets in the adjacent outside toilet/shower block. So as not to disturb others, do not use the showers or flush the toilets after 22h30 (unless it is necessary)
- It is advised not to bring food into rooms as it can encourage mice.
- If you decide to go swimming, you do so at your own risk. Please tell someone you are going and swim only during free times. Wet swim wear and towels should be dried on the washing lines, and not left to dry around the house and gardens.
- A first aid kit is found in the downstairs toilet/shower block. In case of emergencies there is a doctors and pharmacy in the village.
- If you smoke, please do so in the specified area, which by the front gate only and dispose of your cigarette ends carefully.
- PLEASE NO CANDLES, NO INCENSE, NO FIRE OF ANY KIND is allowed anywhere in the house or on the grounds of Le Moulin.